Things that interest me so far:
1) How much I like them music they play during the green light to cross the street on Ave Central.
2) How homogenous the population is, there is nowhere a tall white hombre doesn't stick out.
3) All of my spanish teachers write in cursive
4) Trust doctors trained at the public University, don't trust those trained at the private med schools, they are for less intellegent kids, whose parents have a lot of money.
5) How regulated the buses are, they all have virtual gates that count the number of people who get on the bus, and each complete route is timed and recorded.
6) How out there prostitution is, it is all over the place in San Jose.
7) How changing how I dress, causes people to react to me extremely differently
8) How depressing I find the lack of sanitation and waste management faclities (there aren't any!! at the beach your crap literally flows into the beach front water.)
9) How much I miss conversations in english.
10) That I'm the only forienger I have met who misses his cell phone, but then again maybe I am the only honest one, or the only one not running from parts of his past.
11) How many of the foriengers I meet or most of them (this is the low season for tourism) are mid 20's-early 30's and are only in Costa Rica because they have nothing else to do with their lives, no ambitions, no future goals, they are just kind of existing. Depressingly interesting to me.
12) How after a month I can still get sunburned by half an hour of mid day sun, skin cancer here I come.
13) How I my slightly off humor and strange openess easily crosses the language barier even when I can't communitcate via words. ( I mean who really spends his first class with a female teacher discussing birth control and breast feeding)
14) How thankful I am that facial expressions can tell more of the story than most people are willing to admit.
15) That I already have at least 5 new moms and 3 new older sisters. I guess I am strangely endearing, or maybe there is just something to my height and smile than makes me a fun son/ younger brother to the generally short population of women in Costa Rica.
well that's enough for now, one more week of escuela and then it is off to the beach for a couple weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment